Armed with a pen and a piece of paper, I sat down next to the boys to find out what they want to do when they grow up. As far as possible, I tried not to steer the conversation by asking them leading questions, hoping that the answers could come out as free flow as it gets. Unfortunately, K’s portion was really influenced by what T said and it all turned out funny! Next time I do this, I shall start with K first and see what’s the difference.
- When I am 6 years old, cook by myself.
- When I am 7 years old, bathe children when they are small.
- When I am 18 years old, nothing.
- When I am 35 years old, cook by myself. Cold rice and warm rice and not hot rice.
(K just had to interrupt the conversation to say that people cannot eat cold rice)
- When I am 18 years old, I want to cook hot rice so people can give me money (he meant to sell them) so that I have money. Then I want to go home to my family.
- When I am 83 years old, I want to study about all of the dinosaurs last time (I clarified if he really meant 83 years old, yes he did).
(Titus chimed in to say that when he is 35 years old, he wants to go back home)